Holiday

It’s weird sometime to find out that you are having your holiday but doesn’t seem like you are having that holiday mood. This is what I’m experiencing for now even it is a week holiday but in fact I have ‘tonnes’ of works awaiting me. I’m dealing with a few assignments that my group leader for the assignment kept nudging us to finish everything by next week. It’s not a simple assignment though, I guess you guys most at least heard of the Ethnical Relations( Hubungan Etnik ) subject which is offered in all local government Universities ( IPTA ), and it’s one of the three compulsory subjects offered by all IPTA and regardless what course you are taking, you cannot escape from taking those subjects. The other two subjects is Nationhood ( Kenegaraan ) and TITAS ( Tamadun Islam dan Asia ). The other 2 subjects, I’ve managed to take it last semester, and luckily didn’t fail it. Anyway, go straight to my point here, unlike the other two subjects, The Ethnical Relations is based on, (let me put it in a way you can understand) 30% theories, and the rest, all craps. It’s like reading a story book when you are reading the text book. For those of you who don’t enjoy reading story books, you might fall asleep in the process especially when you make an effort to read it at night. This really happen to me the other day when I’m reading it at night, after reading it for 15 minutes, I went sleepy and sleep on for 2 hours before I found out that it’s 12am and I still had a few homework untouched. One thing that I don’t really like about the book is that, the book is a little one sided and it supports only the government’s stands. I’m not asking that the authors to support both the opposition and the government but at least, the book should be a neutral book which mean, not supporting any parties. One of the example in the book is the ‘rakyat’ should not support the opposition as they are not capable of governing the country. At this point, I’m not sure whether the author is clearly not aware of the stands of every political party. Every political party has one aim, that is to serve their ‘rakyat’ and I don’t think they are stupid enough to bully their ‘rakyat’. What I’m implying here is, don’t judge the book by its cover. Anyway, the author has a good job in not mentioning any sensitive issues on ethnical relations, who can be praised, the only thing that the book should not do is to be one-sided. It’s not really obvious in the book, but you can sense that the author is trying to educate people to support only the government by praising the government. Hey, the people are clever enough to choose what is good for them. Hey people, are you tired to read what I’m talking about? The same situation like you are reading the books which contains lots of craps like mine here….Anyway, I would like to emphasized that I’m not supporting both the government or the opposition, I will still remain neutral.
Continue on with my assignments. Our Ethnical Relation’s Lecturer requires us to translate a book for him.Gosh…. luckily it’s a chapter for each group. To my surprise my friends from that are taught by other lecturers do not require them to translate a book. From this point, I can sense that, our lecturer is doing it for himself and he pretended that it’s part of the assignments. At the end of the day, other people with different lecturers can get easily by doing one assignment, but for us, it’s double the work.
Another reason that makes me feel not like a holiday for me is apparently, I have a test on next Monday, which is the next day after I’ve return to UPM. Gosh, it is really odd to carry back the notes back in Kuching, and to realise that you didn’t even touched it until just now, when it’s only 3 more days to go before the test…haha!!!
Honestly speaking, it’s hard to feel relax for me now, although I’m trying to.
Ok, I’m moving to another stuff which I think it’s worth sharing from my past few weeks experience. This is what I call a very normal life in university, where you found yourself:
1) You are lack of sleep, and you don’t have even the time to take a nap in the afternoon or evening.
2) Your weekend doesn’t seem like a weekend, instead it’s like weekdays, not even Sunday you have a good rest.
3) You are worry of this and that and it turns out that you missed a few things due to the fact that you have lots of things to do. In other word, terlupa…
4) Sleep very late at night…or very early in the morning.
5) You are chasing the university buses so that you won’t miss the earlier bus to go the next destination.
6) No time exercise and do work out.
7) You found yourself eagerly in need to distress yourself. One of the methods is to eat more. Which explain why I’m gaining a little weight + lack of exercise.
8) You are caution of the timeframe given.
9) Almost everyday, you have at least a meeting to keep yourself ‘pampered’ with tasks….
10) No time to chat with friends, or even sms them, most of my sms sent were for official use.
11) Talk lots of crap and do stupid stuffs to keep yourselves amuse…like the one above
12) A few of my friends opt to play DOTA before they went to bed and it happens to my roommate…hehe
13) No time and lazy to blog, even after having a nice story to tell
14) Very cautious about time, this happen to me the day before I come back to Kuching. I did something that my KL friend doesn’t believe what I did. I went to and fro The Pavilions in just less than 4 hours from UPM at Serdang. This includes, taking bus from UPM to KTM Serdang, using KTM to KL sentral, From KL sentral to Bukit Bintang using Monorail, and then walk to Pavilions. Then same thing happens when I went back. Plus the waiting for buses, KTM and Monorail. Not only that, I did my packing the night before….and did my next day presentation that night as well for the presentation the next day.
15) Almost everyday, headache is experienced; luckily it’s just for a while. It’s actually the indication that I need to take a rest.

I know that they are people out there who experience worse case than mine, so I won’t say that my life is ‘absolutely normal’ than the others.

Today I will be going back University, back to the busy life. 3 big events will be happening this month alone

No comments: