Election

Once again it’s election time and all the candidates to be the next batch of students’ representative council have definitely made all the efforts they could in order to ‘fish’ some polls to them. Well, it’s the first time this year I’m in the university and it’s kind of cool looking at how people ‘perang’ to win the heart of the each student. Actually, this is not the first time I’m in this condition. Our matriculation or perhaps the all the matriculations are compulsory to have election as stated in the law of “Akta 174”…ya, I know I know, it’s over now, I’m not bound to that law now…but It’s “Akta UKU” which stands for akta universiti dan kolej universiti.
The war of posters started yesterday, and our college is transformed like transformer in just one night into a place full of posters of erm…handsome or not so handsome, pretty and not so pretty faces of the candidates. All put up their posters everywhere and it seems like the number of posters somehow increasing like mushroom after the rain..haha… all of the candidates have their own manifestos and one thing that matters to me is will the things that they mentioned be done?? From my previous experience, most of the promises are just “janji kosong” and it never happened at the end of the day even the last day in matriculation. Darn…but from what I observed, the manifestos that they put were kinda moderate and it’s not that drastic like what was happened on matriculation.
For example, some candidates fight for the transportation to be improved, some emphasized on the reconsideration on the library opening and closing time. Nonetheless, some fight for the benefit of the students like meal plan etc. It was total different from the matriculation where some ‘stupiak’ fellow eventually manifested on having a live watching final of the world cup last year at the big hall. Some even fight for water cooler to be placed everywhere in the dorm. At the end of the day, everything just ends up nothing. Those people pula have the privileges of this and that without doing much effort. It feels like the votes is ‘sia-sia’.
Anyway, moving on to the election here, since yesterday, I have received numerous leaflets saying “undilah saya”. Yesterday was the worse, in just less than an hour, I received four leaflets of different people and they put it under the door. Hmm…I wish I could catch those person that give out all the leaflets. Hopefully by the next few days, I won’t see any posters on the door of the toilets when people are doing their business inside. Perhaps people might draw at it with the ‘brown’ colouring at their faces or even some might use it to wipe in case of emergency.
I wonder what is it trying to show...but it ends up that one of the candidates with a surname of Show...

Posters and posters everywhere, including the bus stops....

The many leaflets that came into my door....

Guess what? Everything that they put on and every creativities they did all just went nothing after the shower of blessing just blew up everything. I guess it should be God’s message to them that we must save our trees, that’s the consequence if human does not take care of the property. Another thing that I think can be ponder upon is a person abilities can be judged through this occurance. If a person is meant to lead us, he will succeed no matter what happen even if he has less poster than the other, he or she can still win it, right? Hey, university students should be smarter enough to think of who is the better person to lead. Posters here and there is not a way of showing that you are capable. One should have proved it. They have to know how the leaders of the past wins the people’s heart. It’s somehow not the amount of poster puts, but through their abilities shown, by the way, putting poster is kind expensive if it was 100 years back. Ponder on how President Suekarno did or perhaps Mahatma Gandhi…..hehe, I better stop been so much enthusiast in talking about this issue. I guess I can crap a lot about a certain issue due to the fact that I was trained to do so since form 4. Most graduated from this place can really crap a lot also.hehe. I know a few of you understand what I was talking about.



The examples of the posters that were left the way it shouldn't after the heavy shower...


The leaflets that were left unattended at the corridor...poor...

Move on to another story, finally everything is over, my assignments,test, presentations and all those craps around. Hehe, after the test on Friday, I decided to have my hair cut after few months I did not cut it. My hair looks like a 70’s rockers’ hair if I did not cut it as I have curly hair. Everyone including my brother and sister were talking about my long hair when I meet, so I think it is time for it to be nicely done. So this is the outcome.

erm...don't want to camwhoring too much...later not good...

I guess I have a lot to talk about since I did not blog for a week then. Another thing is that, after every points and opinion taken, yesterday I’ve decided to take German language as my elective subject( not really elective but somehow, I’m joining it for the sake of learning it only…), Japanese language classes are rather popular as after the registration line is open from midnight, the next morning, the class already exceeded the limit of students they should take. Lucky for me as German language class is still available and to make it interesting, I’m the last person to be in the quota given. Phew…but sad thing was the extra-cocuriccular activities are mostly full few hours after the line was open for registration. It is just 6 hours…who the heck can do it. Darn, spoilt my plan to finish off taking 2 credits hours this year and my plan to take golf. I guess I was lucky enough to join into equastrian sports. For the next semester, the quota for equastrian has decreased into half the students they take this semester. Our ex-instructor ever told us that horse riding on the afternoon is rather not suitable as anything can happen on the afternoon than morning, one of the thing is raining and another one is the hot weather. So practically, I understand why they do that. Thanks be to God for giving me the chance to join in the equastrian and guess what, somehow, I really get into this sports and most of my friends who joined this sports as well. We are planning to go advance for equastrian. Another interesting fact is that, we are the pioneer of the sports in UPM now as equastrian sports only opens this semester. The rest of the sports needs you to spend for the minor equipments, but due to the price of the equipments that is far more expensive that a student might not be able to have it. UPM decided to give the student free use of it. Of course at the end of the day you must return it. And a person also have to endure the smelly helmet for horse riding.I told you, I was lucky enough in this situation. Unlucky to those who did not get it and especially the people who got it but make the most stupid mistake of their life dropping the course like how birds drop their waste and forget about it. Now only they feel the wrath of it. Instead of taking that, for second semester, they only manage to hooked themselves to football. Padan muka, Now you are jealous,for flying me my aeroplane as well.
I think I need to tell on the real facts here, actually I don’t intend to take the extra co-curricular activities this year but after was convinced by a few people and some more the senior told me during our orientation week that they are not allowed to register for any course. They only can register after the first year students, so I was really convinced that I need to take the course as this is the only big oppurtunity to get what you want as senior have to give way to the junior first. For the second semester, who cares about you. Everyone only mind their own bussiness.
Anyway, moving on unto another stuff happen yesterday, I was so surprised by the fact that we have to unlock our log in to the registration through our academic advisor. It creates one question here, why should they do that? It’s somehow troublesome for both party, the students and the lecturerd themselves. Why make a fuss of doing that. Why can’t they just open the line so that you can register into it anytime you want. I was a bit piss about this as it troubled me when I looked for my academic advisor as it’s rather hard for me to find him. At least after looking for him several times today, I found him. But it was a lil too late as most of the competitive subjects especially extra co-curricular activities have reached the quota. Darn….troublesome. I only managed to get into one of the competitive subject today, that is German Language. Yay!!!

No comments: