Raya Holiday Diary Part 2

Day 6- Thursday
Condition inside the college worsened from what I’ve observed, human kind makin berkurangan, even the felos are out of sight, most or probably all have gone back to their respective kampung. Anyway, it’s again another day that I wish it will ends faster, have myself study throughout the morning and the afternoon as well…anyway, manage to went through the day well, so no worry about it.

Day 7- Friday
Consider myself as lucky for the day…hehe. I did went out with a few friends of mine, my boss and co-boss, they are the ex-students of Labuan Matriculation College and now they are studying in Optometrist at UKM. I watched the second movie of the week at another Cinema ( perhaps not two..it’s more than that as I watch a few more movies from my own laptop…). This time around I’m watching The Seeker: The Dark is Rising.Overall the movie was ok, just that, I don’t quite understand what the storyline at the beginning is, I was blurred of what was happening with the kid who claimed to be the seeker of “The Sign”. Somehow, honestly speaking, this was the first time that I almost felt asleep in a cinema. Somehow, the beginning of the story doesn’t captures my attention, darn, record has been broken, I sleep for a few minutes inside the cinema, after that was awaken during the fighting scene.
Another thing I found out from the movie itself was the movie seems like specially set for children to expose them to thrilling movie. The thrill somehow was so mild, this is the first time I saw a dark or evil character that doesn’t really show up the real power of the dark side, the evil thing the character was mild, it’s like afraid to kill or even disturb the kid who claimed as The seeker of “the Sign”. All I can say is, the evil dude only did his attacking “alang-alang” or half way through…,hey, should show the real power of evil side. The Kids pula somehow can be so powerful in just a few days. No wonder I can go sleeping, no suspense.
My friends on the other hand watched Resident Evil, so I didn’t follow them for that as I’ve watched it just a few days ago.
After the movies, We decided to go Petaling Street to eat, erm…I suggested it since they said they want to save money…it’s one of the street in KL where you can find both cheap and expensive food. Like I can imagine beforehand, the place is full of fake stuffs at bargain price. Haha… the funny thing is there is still people opening their stalls below a signboard “ Dilarang menjual Bahan Cetak Rompak….arahan Datuk Bandar DBKL….” I mean for them, they might think,who cares, you are Datuk, I’m businessman, I need to find my own income also…hehe.
Ohya, I did mentioned that I was lucky, first of all, I arrived as what I’ve expected at Berjaya Times Square. My timing was correct. For your Information, I never time myself when I go to Bukit Bintang’s Area. 2nd thing that happens, while I was waiting for my friends, out of sudden, someone serve me with a Starbucks’ Coffee. The waitress just walked towards me and serve me free Starbucks’ coffee. She just said that it’s their new coffee on the menu, free for testing. Hey, who don’t want to take if one of the most expensive coffees was given to you for free. I was thinking of their coffee before I was giving the free sample ( I was standing and waiting at the ticketing counter of GSC cinema at Level 3, Starbucks is just beside the counter…). I forgot what is the name of the coffee but I know it’s cappuccino and somehow it’s green in colour, and the drink taste great…it seems like they put Kiwi I think…not the Kiwi to polish your shoes mine you…haha.Anyway, my friends were unlucky as they arrived only a few minutes later…
3rd thing that I can consider lucky as well was, I get to hop on and off the rapid KL with my Rm1 ticket only. For those living in KL, they will know the rapid KL system. I will explain the system if you ask. Anyway, all my other friends pay Rm2 for their ticket. So I was lucky to go on 4 rapid KL bus ride with just one ringgit.the driver did not notice the buttom of the ticket was different. But they were sure of the date was 12th October, so they let me in.The 4 ride were from UPM to KTM Serdang, Bukit Bintang to Petaling Street, KL pasar Seni to KTM Serdang, and lastly KTM Serdang to UPM. It’s normal for people here, but if you go on 4 bus and above with RM1 ticket, people will not always do.
4th thing was, my friend’s bike that was parked outside a bank is not stolen after I came back to UPM…lucky me….hehe…KL and Selangor not really safe as the crime rate here is quite high. I don’t trust the strangers here especially those with geli face like they are from Indonesia. =_+

Day- 8 Saturday
Ok, I watch the 3rd movie on cineplex again. Darn, now I feel guilty for myself for spending time on watching movie. Never mind then, this time around I watched it with my brother and his gang. The movie was Lust, Caution. This movie set in the Japanese Occupation era and it brings up the issue of how the Chinese have worked hard to free themselves from any kind of occupation. I won’t talk much on the review but this movie is a good movie. It is not really bored as compare to The Seeker then. Although at some point, this movie really get you feel like want to stop watching. But the director is clever enough to make you to continue watching it. Smart. What can we do, Ang Lee is an Academy Award winner, his movie surely has the style. Anyway, the movie has the ending which appears to be different than the other movies around, normally, movies will have good or bad ending, this one is somehow the middle of it…
P/s- there is lots of scenes that have been censored if you watch it at the cinema, so if you want to watch it without been censored by the government then, you should know what to do next. I starts to think that Ang Lee is the director who wants to direct movies that are different from the rest…remember Brokeback Mountains? This movie is banned in Malaysia.

Day -9 Sunday
Done nothing much, stayed at my brother’s house watching tv, study then take a nap…life’s like usual. Anyway, that evening, after going to church, I went out for the first time to Bukit Bintang alone. I guess I’ve never done that before. It’s my first time though…it’s night some more. Hehe, probably u might think I’m enjoying right….but heck no…I was there because I want to see for myself the night life of Bukit Bintang.
Anyway, after walking for quite sometime I found myself to be in Pavillion. The new shopping place in KL. This place is really…I can’t describe it in words…maybe a very high class shopping centre?? Yup…it’s like going to KLCC…it’s really resembling Starhill Gallery but somehow keep it a little low class than that Starhill. The reason I said so is, The Pavillion has some shops which offers affordable wardrobes and somehow has GSC as well. Anyway, I can only say that it is more like KLCC but the place looks very high class as the place is well-designed and equipped with lots of amenities. Erm…my advice is, if you go there, then you are again not rich or maybe not that poor…just have a stroll in it, do some windows shopping, smells the food they are grilling, frying..etc. Or just enjoy the air-conditioned that is cold there, maybe around 17 Celsius. Hehe

Day-10 Monday
Again, I went to watch another movie at the same Cineplex. The Cineplex that is located at Aeon Cheras Selatan, Balakong…uhuh, I’ve watch numerous movies there and I think I’ve familiarised with this place somehow. This time around, My brother, his gang and I went and watch The Detective C++, which I’m unsure of what the C++ means even until now. This movie is a Cantonese Movie and it is starred by Aaron Kwok, a ‘long lost’ superstar singer which I’ve never heard I guess since 2004. Anyway, this film is set at a Chinatown in Thailand ( which I’m not sure where is the exact location of this place, could be Bangkok as well.) This area lives mostly by the Cantonese and they can speak good Cantonese, to my surprise. The detective( Aaron Kwok ) is a local detective who lost his parents ever since he came to Thailand. Something bad happens after he was given a task by his client to search a woman. He was given no clue on it. His client only tell him that this woman always chase after him. Then, the clue leads him to another case and another case. Each time he almost got to solve the case, the person he suspected died. So, it’s like who meet him will die lah. Duh, anyway, at the end of the story, the woman is actually dead for a few months even before the detective was given the task of searching for the woman. It’s known that, those died is the bunch of people who killed her. The rest of the story, hehe, again, go and look out for yourself in the local Cineplex. The story is quite good just that they make the movie like a ghost movie, some more they set the location at Thailand ( Thailand, which is famous for ghost movie). So it’s a bit scary to watch lah.
By the way, I guess I need to save money for now or else I will go broke. Over this whole week, I’m over budget, as you can see, I’ve been to here and there, watching 4 movies which cost me rm 40, darn…need to ikat perut liao…hehe.Anyway, after this month and mid of next month, life will be back to normal again, Yay!!
For now, I need to concentrate on my study, so I will not update my blog frequently, except I’ve story to share. So to everyone out there, especially to those sitting for final exams and not forgotten, STPM students, work hard, study hard, study smart, stay focus, and Gambateh in every subjects you take. May God Bless!!

The End

No comments: